Thursday 7 March 2013

Typography: Workshop 4

Task 1:
I started with 'Bebas' capital A. I created a grid by using all the different points and sides it has.

I took away the original letter and redrew it with the pen tool using the grid.
This is mine (left) against the original (right). The grid shows the complexity to a standard letter form.

Task 2:

We had to choose a word from a big selection on the projector. My word was 'saucy'. Then we chose 3 different standard typefaces. We had to combine elements of a single letter in these 3 typefaces to create on new typeface letter. The new typeface had to represent the word we had chosen.
My three typefaces: Apple Chancery, Lucida Fax, Orator Std




My new letter:
Original letters:
My new letter:
Original letters:
My new letter:
Original letters:
My new letter:
Original letters:
My new letter:
Typeface so far:




I tried to make the letters curl and change in weight to imitate a curly hand written typeface rather than a structured rigid letterform.

No comments:

Post a Comment