Monday 18 March 2013

Design Practice 2: Research Booklet

I created my research booklet at 6 by 4 to reflect the printed photograph format. These would be stacked in a photo wallet similar to the ones that photos are given to when customers get a film printed. The different pages show the extent of areas of research into analog photography I have sourced. I have looked at cameras themselves and there brands and marketing, past and present, as well as the development of analogue to digital and the social impact this has had.















Feedback:

  1. Layout and visual style relevant to content and is displayed clearly good amount of content
  2. Good consistent design throughout - I love circles
  3. Could come in a photo album - develop format further
  4. Good idea about photo pouch, could be pushed, have it in the shape of a camera
  5. Consistent layout, like the digital typeface, remind of old retro camera screens, like the imagery capture in a circle
  6. Like the camera references throughout but would like to see a more engaging way of production
  7. Breakdown of subject is good throughout publication, clear layout and easy to read
  8. Format is relevant to content, layout works well
  9. Would be cool if you photographed it with polaroid camera and had the polaroids as the publication
  10. Love the simplistic layout, not to much information, easy to digest, love the consistency circle imagery
 
Response:
My feedback over all is good and that my layout and information is clear, easy to digest and appropriate which is ideal for a research booklet. I didn't really show my format to it's full potential and this may of therefore suffered in it's presentation and not be communicated. However my finish research book will be more appropriate and clear in format.

No comments:

Post a Comment