Friday 8 March 2013

Responsive: Design Process 2 - Batiste Development


To produce my own galaxy image I took a black piece of card that I had kept from using the laser machine once so it had a few bits cut out, burnt rings in to it and scatter glitter on. This is placed over the light box and photographed. The results were incredibly better than what I thought would happen so I was really pleased with the result and that my practical creativity had come back a bit.

I tried numerous things to make sure I was getting the best shot and to see what came out best. I tried a mix of the colours over the burnt marks, glitter by itself which didn't give much of a galaxy look but possibly stars, I tried moving the camera to blur incase it look to much like what it was when big on screen and I tried both types of glitter on unburnt black card.





To begin with I grayscale the image as I needed to get the glitter to be different colours to represent the different types of dry shampoos. I selected the glitter as best as I could and did a new fill layer of solid colour. By overlaying it meant it blended nicely and you still got the white sparkle as well as the colour.
I changed the hue and saturation to darken the background and emphasise the space quality of the image.
I then added the rust image that I had sourced and tried earlier to add a bit more layer and depth to the image.
Using different images I applied the same principle with a different colour.
I also tried a blurred one to see if that was effective or not.
I wasn't keen on the blurred and felt the others were strong enough so I kept on applying the same technique to the original image I had used.
I decided that I could either go two ways, use the same image and change the colour for each can or I could use a different image and colour for each can. I decided to choose different images so that the concept of cosmic universes worked better as they were individual and different appealing more to the target audience who are using the product to enhance appearance and stand out.



I struggled getting the colours right to portray the different glitter in each can so I used the hue and saturation to make this a more obvious statement so from afar it could be seen what each ones colour was. I went back to the original image and enhanced the blue in the hue and saturation.

I decided that the copper and pink photography didn't have as much or enough sparkle as the others so I decided to use new photographs using the one originally used for blue for copper as I realised there wasn't a blue...



No comments:

Post a Comment