Saturday 4 May 2013

Design Practice 2: How to.. Digital Development

I wanted to test how the idea of morphing our faces would look. Therefore using the first page of photographs I over layered everyones face and lowered the opacity to create a montage of a morphed face. The idea was that it could be anyones work who was there.
I digitally mocked up how the stitching would look so that I could see if it looked good before going to the effort of stitching it.
 I also drafted out my other sketches:

I thought about the space of how there are three frames together and two together. I wanted to expand the chosen idea from the crit as by itself it didn't really express the exhibit. I created three posters that worked together based on thinking creatively for decorating and using the space.

I decided that these weren't how I wanted to approach the brief as the stitching wouldn't be as creative with only an arrow and two words. I wanted the way it was produced to be exciting, creative and inspiring so it can show how people can create individually to the exhibit using talents and atheistic they might not normally explore. Therefore I went with the typographic approach where I can explore different stitches to express the words.
I looked at the outline of the text as with the stitching they may not be filled and also added a shadow to the word exhibit as I wanted to represent how it's a 3 dimensional space.

I cut this out on the laser machine 

 (interesting overlay from the underneath sheet)
 I reflected the writing as a guide to stitch from on the back.
 The word 'create' laser cut out for loose thread to be placed underneath

I poked holes using the guide ready to stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment