Friday 17 May 2013

Design Practice 2: Printing

I printed my window vinyls on acetate at A3 to show how they would appear on a transparent service. 
These would be full scale on the windows of Leeds Gallery Exhibition space lined in a row to appear as a film strip which explains the process of the exhibition.

This is the net of the photo pouch before construction. I was really pleased with how luminous the pink printed in the digital print room.

I had squares printed on clear vinyl so I could cut out and stick them on the photograph section of the polaroid tickets. This is to give the feel as well as the look of a polaroid and gives it the gloss of a photograph.

I laminated the one side of the leaflet hand out to make it feel as well as look like a photo. The added weight made it feel considerably more like one as well as the texture. I was really pleased with the result and feel the lamination really added to the design.

I did the same to the one side of the business card as one side is the photograph involved in the identity and also as the card is interactive to give it more durability in being handled. 

I printed and cut my poster. It was originally going to be in transparent stock but I decided to print in the same matt paper as I had with the other promotional material and to have the circle die cut out to focus the transparency on the lens and that part being interactive rather than the whole poster. This also made the text more legible.



The posters trimmed down to size. I realised the potential for these to be used as promotional posters once printed due to the stock being very similar to film negatives. So as well as being full scale window displays they would be used in rotating ad boxes so the film strip will roll from picture to picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment