Friday 10 May 2013

Design Practice 2: Publication Development

After sorting out my illustrations I started to concentrate on the rest of the publication. I wanted photos taken on an analogue camera as a pile to show that the photos would displayed in the gallery. I originally selected some of my own photography to use but I thought that I might try get a range of photo subjects with different camera results to show the varied cameras.
 My own photography
 Varied
 I altered it slightly and made a mix of the two so that there was example of polaroid in the pile to. I then decided to compare colour with black and white as I felt the different colours in the photos were what was maybe making it different to arrange them and find the right photos. I tried black and white as the photography used in the promotional material was and that was what focused the hierarchy of the pink. I preferred this and I also felt the design was constant then through the different media formats.



The Cover:

Originally I had the cover as white with just the pink logo but then as I realised a large part of the imagery was now the photography I decided to experiment with using that also. I feel that if this printed on a nice stock the photography will work really nicely as the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment