Wednesday 13 February 2013

Responsive: Design Process 2 - Creative Partners



BRIEF TITLE:
Packaging Design
Brand: L'Artisan Parfumeur

Why have you chosen to work with your creative partner? What are your aims?
I have chosen to work with Emily because we both have different skills and styles that would be interesting to collaborate. She has really good illustration skills and looks at briefs differently to me. I think it would be interesting to work on a brief together and able to combine our different approaches. I also feel like she would be open about her opinions as well as contribute and criticise our process openly.
We aim to WIN! We aim to come up with a creative solution that effectively communicates the four scents.

What are your specific areas of creative interest in this brief?
I like the element of packaging within this brief. It’s a topic of graphics that I’m really interested in and want to expand my skills within. I also feel it has something to offer us both and utilises our skills. It gives clear mandatory aims but has freedom to be creative and different.

What specific design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?
I feel that I can offer a creative outlook on the packaging element of the brief as well as to the concept of the different perfumes. I intend to use my previous knowledge and skills with packaging and perfumes from previous projects during the course and previous education to generate ideas and research.



What specific non-design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?
My organisation and time skills with juggling this brief with other briefs I hope to use whilst working on this brief, as it will be difficult to find time to work together amongst everything else. I also plan to bring my design and thought process to this brief and focus our brief in the right direction starting with research and developing further on to the end result.

What will your specific roles be in the collaboration in relation to your brief?
We are splitting specific roles between our skills and abilities. Emily will be in control of copy as she is able to articulate herself and work well and I will manage the packaging nets element, as I am good with dimensions and familiar with different formats. When it comes to research and concepts we will discuss ideas and routes to go down and work collaboratively and separately in generating information and ideas. Emily will have a focus on the typography and illustration element of the brief, as that’s where her interests and skills lie within. I will focus on the conception of identity and promotion, as that is where my interests are.

What will your individual responsibilities be in relation to your brief?
My responsibilities will be to ensure that the concept of the perfume is strong and is able to be expanded across of a range of formats. Making sure we meet up regularly and keep communication and discussion in key throughout the process of ideas and decisions.

What will your joint responsibilities be?
To stay focused on the brief and give an equal amount of contribution to the process and result. Idea generation, research and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment