Tuesday 9 October 2012

Design Production: Branding Packaging cont.

I scanned the nets and logo and used them as a basis to generate my own on illustrator.

I decided that I was going to alter the logo and packaging by kiss cutting the box around the text on black to give a black on black look. I initially had thought about printing black on black to give a light layer but I was told the printers won't even recognise the paper in the printer.

I started by doing a test ruin of the logo on black to see if it would appear clear and visible enough to see and read using the laser machine. I decided the automatic settings for kisscut where good enough for what i wanted to do but decided that the Topshop would be more readable if it was cut through so I altered the design, layered it in location on the nets and cut out.

Originally the fatsos wrapper

Originally the galaxy wrapper

Originally the perfume holder

Originally the alpo box

Originally the pack of cards

I think its a much more creative way of using the logo and also could work well for a specific range in the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment