Thursday 24 January 2013

Design Production: Print Book Cover

I tried to raster my image for the inside centre fold but it started cutting out the image in dots.


I laser cut my front cover out for my mock version as I struggled with my first cover as the paper ripped and didn't fold very well.

I tried to raster the title into the front page but it cut it out. This did look quite effective it was the proper word but I wanted the black on black.

With white underneath



The back of my cover I raftered the registration mark

I also rastered the title on the front so it was black on black, I think it looks really effective and different.
In the middle I engraved a pattern out of the same shape, unfortunately it cut deeper than I hoped and made it very fragile but at least it shows the detail. 

The book format showing its two sections.
Although I wasn't able to actually print my book I was pleased I was able to do a rough proof copy to show the layout and format for submission. In the future I will really think through my ideas and proposals as I want to produce a really good quality final product.



No comments:

Post a Comment