Wednesday 9 January 2013

Design Production: Crit Feedback

I got quite a good response from the crit. The main feedback I got was that it appeared as quite a high end, expensive deli which was what I was going for in my design. They said the pattern was to harsh and could it be grey instead to lessen the effect on the eyes or just to take it away all together. Also on the website, the text wasn't always clear, depending on the photograph and to fix this I could add a glow around the words to make them stand out better.

A main point people said was about colour. Some said that they instantly though of maroon or red and could I try white on black instead but others said they did like the simplicity of the black on white.

I had thought of this before and tried white on black but I felt it was to dark and the wrong style for the concept of the deli. 

Simon made a good point of the food being the colour and using clear packaging with 'C' design being just a label. I liked this idea as it was defiantly more appropriate to the concept I was trying to achieve and still incorporated my design.

I am going to try look at the colour scheme of the design and try the suggestions people gave me. I am also going to look at the use of the pattern and see if it can be lessened and appear better or to just discard it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment