Friday 2 November 2012

Design Production: Design Development


I decided to go through my research and write down the different sections I wanted to consider for my info manual and the contents within those categories. This gave me a clear idea of the areas within design for print that might be useful. I then sketched some visual ideas to do with printing such as registration marks and crop marks.
I did some rough design ideas as a starter for layout of my content. I want to keep it simple so its easy to process the information as it can be very complicated. I've decided to use cmyk for my printing and use tracing paper for the cover and chapter pages to add an essence of interaction and interest within the publication but also I found it appropriate as the layout of those pages will be designed with reference to those areas that are trimmed from the design such as registration marks. For the main content I want to use a matt, uncoated stock. The idea is to make the info manual something worth keeping rather than a through away booklet.

Layout designs - 





No comments:

Post a Comment