Wednesday 21 November 2012

Design Production: Final Crit

Mock up for Crit:

 I sourced some gloss black vinyl as I couldn't get matte in time and stuck out the shape on the machine. I decided to leave the middle bit outs as it didn't look very good with just the thin line.



I printed out mock ups of the page which had the tracing paper layered over content so I could get some feedback on them.
   




I also printed out an example of the tracing paper chapter page over the following page to get feedback on those and so people understood how it would appear visually as well as the white on black to check if it was legible as body copy.


Group 1

Strengths:



  • Aesthetically pleasing, looks professional
  • Unique, good use of images, eye catching
  • Tracing paper - really creative approaches good use of stocks and shows different effects with stock
  • Really innovative approach
  • Good text layout
  • Good experimenting with stock
  • Like the tips
  • Printed really nicely
  • Design boards clear
  • Informative without being too much information


Areas of Improvement:



  • How will it be bound?
  • Font size for issu?
Response:

My bounding information is on my design boards and in notebooks - Saddle stitched with staples

Group 2:

Strengths:
  • Art work is clever with red 'corrections'
  • The print idea is really clever even for the actual title of the publication
  • Cost effective book - most of it is B&W

Considerations:
  • Colour coded sections are really good but odd the colours to the following pages too? So on every every page you know where you are in the book?

I was really pleased with my crit feedback it was all positive and they didn't have anything bad to say. I didn't realise how thought through my idea was that it didn't need to be questioned at this point. I think it helped having printed out examples of pages in my book and the cover so people could see and understand what I was talking about on my design sheets and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment