Tuesday 27 November 2012

Design Production: Design for Web - Website Prodcution


I generated my columns from my wireframe using the measurements I had calculated. I placed 4 separate sections within the navigation to place the different part such as the navigation tags, date and logo.


When creating my website I tried to add a countdown timer to the date. I found a code on here :http://www.htmlhelpcentral.com/messageboard/showthread.php?7526-HTML-For-A-Countdown-Clock


It originally looked like this:
But I altered the coding to make it as close as I could get it to what I wanted



I realised however that it would have to use a server to get the countdown and therefore it wouldn't work without hosting it. I will have to substitute this with just text.
I also realised that my images that I saved for web from illustrator were appearing low quality and pixalated. I altered this by saving them as PNG from photoshop which also allowed them to be transparent.

This enhanced the quality of my images.

I realised I had been making an index page and forgot to make a template to go across my other pages. This meant I went back a few steps and created a template and made a new index and other pages using the template.


New index from template:
I added a video with a similar idea to what the website is about this. This is substituted for the video that would be in place there with design similar to the website and promoting material.

I changed the colours to the my theme now that I have everything in it's right place.



I decided to change the countdown substitute to make it more atheistically pleasing but also to emphasise the focus on the numbers



 
I also noticed the logo was cut off slightly and might be ineligible to read so I twiddled the pt size and leading in order for it to be readable and retransferred the image.




No comments:

Post a Comment