Monday 14 November 2011

Proverbially Yours// Message and Delivery

I chose parcel tags to put the address on for the mail shot as i felt it incorporated well into my theme of santa and presents and wasn't the usual labelling of a mail shot. 
I decided to not go with the type i'd been using so far as it wrote the post code different and i didn't think this would be clear for the post office:
Therefore i changed the font to a curly italic font which still tied into the theme but was legible to be posted.


printed

cut out
I printed out the insert letters to the size of the fold out and ripped the edges slightly to look more authentic.
I then compared flat and crumpled to see which would work better and decided that crumpled gave a good effect for a child's list to santa.


 Net printed:
cutting out:
folded:
mock up of finishing touches - ribbon, bell (before spray paint) and address tag:


 Final 5 mail shots:

Mailing List:

I chose to incorporate the holly symbol in my mailing list as i thought it would be best for a decorative feature of a naughty and nice santa list.
I wanted to change it from the one i'd already used for the outer packing and therefore decided to make the lines texts of the proverb, 'variety' for the leaves and 'spice' for the berries.
chalkduster

zapfino
I tried the the font i chosen for the child's letter first (chalkduster) but reconsidered and tried a font that would more likely be of Santa. I chose 'zapfino' as it was italic, curly and looked handwritten. This i think looked alot more effective.
printed to see how it worked visually

I then created my mailing list using my addresses for big department store head offices in the form of a Santa's good and bad list.


printed

I separated the the address with little candy canes as i think it was a nice touch to add a bit colour as well as separate them to be more distinct from one another.
Crit Results:






No comments:

Post a Comment