Monday 14 November 2011

Proverbially Yours// Message and Delivery

 Some research of fancy dress santa outfits in the real environment:
Design sheets of silhouettes:



Using illustrator i created my silhouettes with the aid of live trace, images and the pen tool.





Then placed the finished silhouettes onto a red background ready to transform all the lines to blend in correctly.
Then i created my fold out net with 5.5cm by 8cm boxes and added each silhouette and my chosen typography tree.
on illustrator

i added my text for each santa using my chosen font and compared having none, black fill or white fill type.
example of 1:

example of a selection:

I decided to go with the white fill as i feel it stands out more than the black due to there being a majority of black in the silhouettes and i feel it needs an explanation underneath as it explains what the silhouettes are and what the fold out is trying to communicate.





No comments:

Post a Comment