Sunday 27 November 2011

How to Buy an Engagement Ring

"You drag your man around approx 5 shops trying on as many styles as possible! Only to find the one when you are least expecting it walking past a shop after feeling like its not been a great experience. Paul and i went in to try it and as soon as i put it on we both knew there was no other ring for me/us! And so although i knew the setting i didn't know the size of the diamond as the one i tried was much smaller so it was an amazing surprise to finally see it!'
Sophie Baggot 
engaged 05 Dec 2010

"I never had an engagement ring originally because we didn't have any money. I did get an eternity ring after 10 years and 4 kids. We went to the jewerelly shop and asked what diamond could be bought with the insurance money from the burgery, they showed us what was available and we chose together."
Mr and Mrs Hoefkens
28 odd years ago

"Ok, i went around a few shops and got some ideas about what i wanted and what i thought Michelle would like. Then i went on one afternoon and sat in the shop for two hours asking questions about clarity, colour, cuts of diamonds, settings, which metal to have. Then we got a few out and it was between two, then i got a woman with similar fingers to Michelle's and she tried them on and that made my mind up. I had to then pick a size for her, as she has small fingers, it was pretty much a fluke but i got it spot on and it fits perfectly. I measured her finger aganist my little finger whilst she was sleeping. Worked a treat!!'
Ladis Hoefkens
engaged 26 Nov 2011 (ironic timing)

"I'm getting engaged in four weeks. I'm buying a pendant and a necklace instead, keeping the wedding on the low so her mother doesn't find out and expect an invite."
David Gaskell
soon to be


"Choosing the ring was all in all a pleasant and pretty painless experience. I went with my future best man for moral support and added gay banter with the clerks! Looked at a few shops, took advice from the diamond experts... knew I wanted a platinum diamond ring that wasn't going to drown lizs little fingers... knew I'd found the one straight away... rob took a picture of me looking at it and said my eyes lit up"
Adam Madeley
engaged 25 Dec 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment