Wednesday 18 January 2012

Hotdog Booklet: Development

I made a template of the hot dog booklet fold on illustrator to give me a basis to design on.
 I put in my idea two ideas for the holes in the paper

I started designing the buttons to go on the poster side of the booklet

I started off with the simple shape and colour using a darker version to outline the detail

 I experimented with the mesh tool trying to create a 3D effect adding shade to the outer part and inner part.


 I moved the shade around to try and get the right effect 


 The other coloured buttons









 From afar i think there quite effective 


I then copied and pasted the buttons over the template in various sizes overlapping them in different ways. (untrimmed and trimmed version)

i put the design template for what would be cut out on top of the poster design to see where it would place

making it white and black to see the space that would be removed

 the other design:

 trimmed versions:

 because of the stitching on the one side this would create a box of dashes on the alternative side therefore i marked this in to see what it would look like
 changing the pt of dashes:



not all my boxes will have stitched dashes but i thought it would be good to make them all have it and include it on the print so its not just a random few with and without

No comments:

Post a Comment