Tuesday 11 December 2012

Design Production: Logo Development

 
I took images of deli restaurants and selected colours within those (vertical strips) to get an idea of what colours are used in the interior and environment. To broaden my spectrum I looked at swatch palettes on illustrator such as earth tone, warm, landscape and neutral as those were similar elements I wanted to convey. I selected a few from the palettes (top two horizontal) and then from the green altered the CMYK percentages to get different tones of green. Initially I tried the different greens in the logo using the 'C' and the 'o' as a point of focus. I picked out a few of the soft warm colours which were neutral and represented the organic nature of the food. 
 
I applied the three colours around the text and then went back to the others and tried variants without any luck. I felt close to a result as I had the modern high end restaurant look but not the deli, food connection because of the grey element so I tried the green again.
 
 
Still wasn't working so I brought back the whole of the name which improved it more but had to now try the different colours again.
 
It wasn't saying organic still so I thought about the organic sign and I thought of a leaf. I instantly connected the counter of the 'o' with the shape as the name is a pun of the counter which is enclosed space of a letter.
 
I decided to go with the top one after some guidance from others. They were drawn to it more and Lorraine pointed it out it's probably because of the leaf coming out of the stem of the 'C'. It had more flow to it and looked liked a branch and a leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment