Tuesday 11 December 2012

Design Production: Progress Crit

Strengths:


  • Good, rustic aesthetic, go for serif typeface
  • The furniture idea is good (chains don't have backs though - could use a d or something)
Areas for Improvement:

  • What is your web idea?
  • Get some mock ups of interior design/products down
  • Plan what the products would be designed and which ones would be proposed or concieved
  • Colour way - decide on the colour you will be using
Considerations:

  • Lots of people are working on this brief - you could share ideas, Joel has some similar ideas to this
  • Consider whether adding letterpress blocks/drawers to the walls be a little to much? The concept could be stronger by keeping the wall decoration consistent with the furniture etc. - AGREE
  • Every server could have a little name badge with a cartoon face built out of type (like the face in your research) This would increase rustic/friendly/type based aesthetic
  • Think of using sans serif typeface too - could look more streamlined and stripped down - or use both to show difference - could think about using negative space
  • Look at independent delis/restaurants 
Response:

I understand the comment on the furniture being in sans serif to make it more streamlined and comfortable to use so I think i'll defiantly look into that as an option. I also like the faces for each worker but instead of a name badge the work t-shirt could feature the face on the back with the deli logo on the front. I think I need to decide on the decor a bit more because I have two different ideas at the moment and I need to choose things appropriately to the audience and concept. Also colour considerations need to be made to generate my brand as well working how the brand is going to be developed across other products. I have a lot to do but I feel i'm close to a breakthrough

No comments:

Post a Comment