Monday 30 April 2012

Its Your Choice - Plan

After looking over the tasks and briefs we have had throughout the first year i have decided to focus on my hotdog booklet. I've decided to work on my hotdog booklet because i feel i enjoyed doing a different process than just printing but also because i feel that it could be pushed from a hotdog booklet into something more like a professional publication or maybe try a different product or process using buttons.


I researched and explored into different areas that i could go into for content as there wasn't much to the hotdog booklet:
The history of the button
Craft making with buttons
How to stitch a button
A product brochure for a company called 'The Button Company'
Types of buttons
Poems


None of these particularly inspired me so i thought of doing something practical with the buttons.
I picked this brief because i'm interested in buttons, visually with the shape, size, colour, variety. I also thought of possibly experimenting with stitch and researched into typography which is another thing i'm interested in visually. 
This is something that i want to explore. I liked this idea:

I struggled in the crit with the small group because i wasn't entirely sure what i wanted to do still but they were helpful and offered ideas. Eventually i remembered a previous idea i'd had when i had been working and researching it the previous week, of creating packaging for the buttons using sweet packaging as a basis. Therefore from this point forward i am going to be experimenting with packaging and nets to contain buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment